Holly Henry Fan Page

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Holly Henry Fan Page

<3 HOLLY HENRY FAN PAGE <3
      (continuing the saga of the Holly Henry Fan Thread)

Hollowers List
      01 - Snowy2014
      02 - xGMANx
      03 - Spurrious
      04 - Niki
      05 - Dany
      06 - HollowVictory
      07 - pcacala (OP)
      08 - jcc309
      09 - stooch
      10 - j2ad
      11 - idkdavi
      12 - Boneyarddog
      13 - ElleKay
      14 - Shadrac
      15 - nhcaesar
      16 - sw5110
      17 - minha2cp
      18 - Ryan.
      19 - CuFanForever82
      20 - suiko
      21 - EVPandHC
      22 - Slurricane Pat
      23 - buckybadger
      24 - innmchlprz
      25 - visitor22
      26 - bswanson
      27 - Nezz
      28 - callieonfire
      29 - plusleisgod
      30 - iamacetig
      31 - cookiecatcher
      32 - You? (just post your request for an add, or a name change)

Original Songs
      (including Holly's one word description,
      with links to discussion on IDF)

Katie: Imperfection
      Post 209 and Post 198 and Post 1112
      Paper Love: Expectations
      Post 487
      Secrets Spoken: Healing
      no discussion
      More Than Nothing: Inadequacy
      Post 502
      Paperclips: OCD (also Anxiety)
      Post 492 and Post 783
      Sink: Unfaithfulness
      Post 487 and Post 564
      The Immigrant: Remorseful
      Post 487
      The Ghost: Anxiety
      Post 601 and Post 493
      To Drift: Honesty
      Post 766 and Post 589
      Hide and Seek: Agoraphobia
      Post 1523
      Grow: Anxieties

Filmography

iTunes links

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

iTunes link - loading

Loading …

YouTube Finally Did For Holly Henry What The Voice Couldn’t Do
      an essay by pcacala on how far Holly has come

Minneapolis singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Holly Henry released in January 2015 a YouTube produced music video of her original autobiographical song Katie. Katie had first been released on Bandcamp, simultaneous with her Blind Audition on season 5 of The Voice (US). The video, recorded at the YouTube Headquarters in New York, is more than a lyrical reprise of how she felt competing on The Voice. It is also a testament to how YouTube has been able to boost Henry’s popularity to levels far beyond the 14,000 subscribers she had attained after being on The Voice. Henry's troupe of fans, called Hollowers, have recently grown exponentially beyond YouTube statistical predictions, to now include a worldwide audience of over 131,000 subscribers and ten million views.
      Henry’s departure after the Knockout Rounds of season 5 seemed to her fans a perfect storm of issues for the producers to contend with. For example, the show had at that time no mechanism for a fan save of a contestant with a large fanbase. Nor did the format of the show allow the kind of scheduling flexibility American Idol has shown for contestants with medical conditions, such as Henry’s agoraphobia in her Knockout Round loss. The “we are imperfect, what a lovely thing to be” lyrics to Katie had provided a hint of what Henry had to overcome on the Voice and in her career to follow.

After that loss, there was an unprecedented 15% drop in viewership for The Voice. Rather than fade into oblivion (“Katie, you’re busy dying, might as well be happy”), Henry implemented what has proven to be a smart game plan to capitalize on her short TV exposure. Besides releasing Katie and three other singles on Bandcamp, it included releasing a debut EP on the day of The Voice finale. The Immigrant peaked in pre-release in the top 10 on iTunes Alternative (and unwittingly) Rock album charts. In May of 2014, she participated in the Grow Music Project and released the single Hide and Seek, with an accompanying video which spoke in part to her battle with anxieties. She would later win an Upper Midwest Emmy award for best Musical Arrangement/Composition.

Some of Henry's original fans now proudly proclaim they are a “15% Club” representing viewers who purposely stopped watching season 5 of The Voice after her elimination. To them, Katie represents a proud anthem of a self-aware teen (now 21) who had become a symbol of success in the face of adversity, as expressed by the lyrics: “Katie, you can’t always be who you want to be. But Katie, you’ve got the whole world, you might as well be happy.”

It is obvious Henry never expected a break when competing on The Voice. I posted on the Holly Henry Fan Thread the night before her elimination that given her condition, she needed to get off that bandwagon and protect her health. It would have been a softer landing for Hollowers (and especially the 15% Club viewers) if the show revealed a bit more compassion and actual talent development. We are led to believe they get a lot, but in an interview Henry revealed she had only two band rehearsals.
      Autobiographically, Katie had: “left home with your ticket and your rose-colored mind set” to “practice your autograph in notebooks; you wanted to be famous, have your photograph in look books.” That seems the dream of many The Voice” contestants. The irony is that Henry has now attained it despite elimination on The Voice, with the support of an entirely different, international audience on YouTube and monetarily through a just completed Indiegogo campaign. Looking ahead, Henry will be releasing her second EP The Orchard.

UPDATE: June 6th comment on the creation of a seemingly parallel fan site:

It only make sense to initiate another Holly Henry fan site since 1) the Holly Henry Fan Thread on Idolforums has been having far too many site crashes and IDF Hollowers can't get the news out when it breaks and 2) Google searches prompt us for a "Holly Henry Fan Page" even though none is active.

The Holly Henry Fan Page is dedicated to sharing among The Voice Forum (TVF) Hollowers our appreciation of Holly's music, career and infectious personality. Thanks to the Google bots for following us and getting the link out so fast to Hollowers :thumbup:

Post was edited 26 times, last by pcacala ().

• :love: Pix from Holly's The Orchard EP recording sessions at The Library in Minneapolis. :love:

TVF trivia exclusive: Holly's photographer, Jaimee Morse, has done a shoot at this recording studio before. It was the of the person (and his band) who proceeded her dad in his present job.

Here is a staged Instagram of Holly's fiancé at the studio: instagram.com/p/2ohSJiAtp3/
      And one of Holly fooling around with her reflection: instagram.com/p/2odVnnLo34/
      Images
      • image.jpg

247.42 kB, 790×1,211, viewed 536 times

Post was edited 2 times, last by pcacala ().

• Here is Josh and Holly with Matt Patrick, the producer of The Orchard EP. I've never seen Holly looking as happy as she does here :)

Here is what Holly had to say about it on Facebook:

WE ARE DONE WITH RECORDING THE EP
      Our team of three sat in The Library Recording Studio for 10 days and experimented, listened, discussed, analyzed, and created something even more complete and lovely than I had hoped. This music experience was beyond compare. To me, it didn’t even remotely feel like work.
      A message to the team:
      Matt, I truly believe that I could look high and low in every city of the world and not find a studio that even comes close to how perfect The Library was for this project. Its warm and artistic atmosphere made me both inspired and completely at ease. Not to mention the vast array of unique instruments/not actually instruments just sound samples you have tucked away in the studio made this EP sound so interesting and eclectic (and the fact that you know how to play them helped immensely). And, as for your production skills they are off the map (especially in Arbor which is a beautiful creation). You have a way of listening to me incoherently explain what I want and somehow still translate it perfectly. You made my ideas come to life. You took what I had in my mind and made it real as well as offering much-needed advice. Every suggestion you made was spot-on.Thank you so much. It was nothing but a pleasure working with you. Your studio was my personal wonderland for those 10 days and I will definitely be back.
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Library-Recording-Studio/162527403834996?fref=ts
      Josh, thank you for being my moral support. Your effortless energy and enthusiasm makes me want to keep going even when we have been in the studio for 6 hours. You say that I barely have to do any takes in the studio well..that’s because your positivity and encouragement make me feel confident and strong. I love your attitude and it truly made this album feel brighter.
      You have a talent of listening to my music and hearing things I would never think of. Sometimes it’s very simple..like a riff or a chord or a weird sound here and there but those seemingly minor details become staple points in the song. You added such lovely elements to this EP. Thank you for putting your life on hold to be part of the team and for dealing with my feistiness when I get a bit overwhelmed. Your believing in me made this EP more confident and sure of itself. Thank you for bringing your unique input, ideas and your emanating positivity. Love you.
      facebook.com/JoshJDobson?fref=ts
      I hope you are excited for the release, everyone…I think I can speak for the three of us when I say we are very excited.

Post was edited 1 time, last by pcacala ().

• Niki wrote:

Yay! Excited to see this here! Love Holly of course! Can we get the fan listing here too?
      You mean a link to this Fan Page on her website? We got that link real fast :) I'll be reciprocating with social media links on our front door, not that fans can't readily find them. Front door development has to happen after I attend to life's chores. :S

Funny thing, I can't access her Indiegogo perk Snapchat because I refused to put in a birthdate when I downloaded the app. It gave me the kids version :( Maybe that's good because I don't want to be tempted to post anything that was intended for contributors only.
    • Yeah, nh is here

No word on the video that I am aware of except that it is still planned. Of course, there could have been word of it on Snapchat. Would love to see some video clips sometime of the recording sessions. Reckon we will have to play guessing games on the official music video. I'd be delighted with something otherworldly, like the official Calgary video. Or imagine something incorporating young dancers

The status of IDF, as of last night, was that the server's keeper, Tom, was trying to get someone to apply a temporary fix. Tom has been on vacation all through the crash. He can't get back to fix the server until next weekend. Tom inherited it from the original database manager (programmer?) Buzz, who has been AWOL from maintainable availability. But the bottom line is that it runs on a 17 year old database application which had never been modified to accommodate The Voice fans and their needs, much less being technically obsolete. TVF runs on an application which is designed to be mobile friendly and is getting some good reviews by IDF OP's who are migrating over.* Most OP's want IDF to go live again if only for it's legacy content and to keep the community cohesive. But IDF has never been stable since physically moving the server.

*like for this posting: I lost my connection! But it saved all my typing as a draft. How cool, in a nerdy way.
    • pcacala wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Oh hey there. :) Good to see this up already!
      Good to see you found us :!: Wonder how long it'll take other Hollowers :?: Hopefully not long.

Thanks! Yeah, I see we got a few more already.

I just read your post about IDF. Really hope we can at least get a temporary fix to grab some memories haha. I have not even been there that long but there are some things I'd like to keep. Many pages on the DeAnna thread I started over there with some good stuff.
      Cause when I'm down and I'm done, and I'm coming unplugged
      When I'm ready to fall
      You're the one always holding me up
      With Love ♫
      - CVG
    • nhcaesar wrote:

Well it's good to know that IDF may eventually work again . I'd hate to lose all of that information. I may go through it and save certain discussions and pictures to a thumb drive for safe keeping. I'm sure I'll like this once I get used to it.
      Here is a cache link to the Old Front Door. You can also Google a fan thread topic and choose cached copy in the drop down arrow to the right of the URL.
    • pcacala wrote:

Niki wrote:

Yay! Excited to see this here! Love Holly of course! Can we get the fan listing here too?
      You mean a link to this Fan Page on her website? We got that link real fast :) I'll be reciprocating with social media links on our front door, not that fans can't readily find them. Front door development has to happen after I attend to life's chores. :S

Funny thing, I can't access her Indiegogo perk Snapchat because I refused to put in a birthdate when I downloaded the app. It gave me the kids version :( Maybe that's good because I don't want to be tempted to post anything that was intended for contributors only.
      Fan list ... list of usernames of people who like her here :)

Add me please!