Demi Lovato

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So I was actually not watching the television, but I heard the national anthem going on. I looked at my friend and went "who the hell is this, incredible." Searched, and it's Demi. Ridiculous. Obviously some people complain regardless, but ridiculous.

gossipcop.com/demi-lovato-nati…erfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Obviously she's continuing her slayage this era..

Great Things Come In Small Packages
    • She definitely owned that. Demi has always been considered a good singer but not until this era has she really taken it to the next level.

All that said I still worry about her vocal health, she seems like she's straining so much and thats a dangerous road to go down. We've seen it happen to a lot of artists over the years; Adele, Sam Smith, Meghan Trainor and most recently Kelly Clarkson who was put on vocal rest for the remainder of the year. I would just hate to see her lose her vocal peak too soon cause she is absolutely killing it right now.

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • Demi continues her vocal slayage tour.

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|

• Incredible

• Kelly makes that song look easy, its anything but. I haven't heard many attempt to cover it (not that they haven't) but Demi did a nice job especially with the most difficult part of the song :thumbup:

• mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

Kelly makes that song look easy, its anything but. I haven't heard many attempt to cover it (not that they haven't) but Demi did a nice job especially with the most difficult part of the song :thumbup:
      Kelly makes all songs seem easy..and none of them are easy. :P
      Fair point :lol

• So Demi is getting shredded for her reaction to Taylor Swift donating 250K to Kesha for her lawsuit with Dr. Luke and her label. Not a good look.

• I can see both sides to be honest.

And the cynical part of me thinks she said something like this because she wants the media to pay more attention than it has to this case, and putting her name and Taylor Swift in a "feud" (Notice, this whole case didn't pop up here until they started the argument) will bring attention to the actual issue.

But Taylor is also the most powerful musician on the planet right now. She could ruin Dr. Luke's career if she wants to, and she holds far more power than Demi does. I doubt very much Kesha is the only victim of Dr. Luke. (In fact, Demi is a victim of his in a different way.) Taylor speaking out would do a lot for the systemic issues that happen in pop music.

If you notice, a lot of what's going on with this situation is support/sympathizing with Kesha, instead of calling out Dr. Luke. One of the big reasons for that is because Dr. Luke can make or break these people's careers. Except for Taylor. He can't touch Taylor. Taylor could end him though.

That being said, I don't think it's fair to ask someone to speak out if they are uncomfortable with it. Demi's outspoken. Taylor isn't. Taylor offering support is much more of a Taylor thing to do.

And although Demi could have been...nicer about it..I do understand where she is coming from.

• Very true. Im sure Demi means well but that tweet could've been worded better. Also true not everyone is in Taylor's position but she did at least use that position to directly help Kesha as opposed to just offering words of support.

At any rate it seems like a very messy situation. I know Kelly Clarkson had issues with Dr. Luke in the past as well.

• Actually, to be perfectly honest..after learning more about what actually happened, I'm siding more with Demi. Apparently at first Demi called Taylor out before Taylor had done anything. Then after she give Kesha some money, Demi essentially went "missing the point."

Once again, it is messy. Taylor is Max Martin's girl..which makes it messier for her..especially when you add in that she's got more power than everyone else. And she's not really one to make waves. She essentially did the least controversial supportive thing she could do.

But knowing that Demi first called Taylor out before Taylor had done anything makes Demi's tweets a little more understandable.

And I've heard some horror stories about Dr. Luke, so I definitely don't think Kesha is lying here. (Especially given Dr. Luke's relation to Puff Daddy..who has as many rumors flying around him as Bill Cosby did.)

• Ah ok that makes more sense then.

• kclarkson1323 wrote:

So Demi is getting shredded for her reaction to Taylor Swift donating 250K to Kesha for her lawsuit with Dr. Luke and her label. Not a good look.

Hummmm....that is very catty of her....not buying any other spin. She called her out and when Tay responded she called her out for doing what she asked. That just being a bitch from where I sit. I bet Kesha thinks Tay is the bomb....and she is the one who matters in this matter not Demi. She need to just STFU IMHO.
    • Demi "Cleared the Air"

eonline.com/news/742346/demi-l…donating-250-000-to-kesha

Like I said, I got Demi's point. There's a systemic issue in the entertainment issue, and Kesha is just the latest victim. (And god knows how many victims Dr. Luke has..but I doubt any of them say anything after what happened.) She wanted Taylor to speak out, likely because Taylor's words would mean a lot.

But the way Taylor responds is the way Taylor always responds. Classy and conservatively. She's not the type to speak out, and even when she does it's more thought out. (She's very Anne Hathaway.) Some people just aren't comfortable with it.

You know, just by how she lives publicly, that Demi Lovato believes fully that the way you help people is in an activist role. That you speak out about drug addiction, mental illness, body love, abuse etc.. Demi has talked in lengths about how she needed a role model, someone to look up to and someone who she could connect too. And she feels speaking up is how you help.

Taylor goes about it much more rationally..and business like. She didn't like what Apple was doing, so she withheld her music until they complied. After the lion was shot, profits from her video went to an animal rights group. She's paid for Kesha's lawyer fees. That's just how Taylor helps.

It's just two different mentalities, and Demi's passion butted heads with Taylor's rational behavior and thoughtfulness. And it happened for a few reasons. Women are speaking out in support of Kesha, but they aren't speaking out against Dr. Luke. I'm telling you, they're afraid to do so,( I mean, when have you ever seen Lady Gaga toe the line of politically correct?) and Taylor is one of three artists (Adele and Beyonce) who don't have to be afraid. (But of course, she's Max Martin's girl, so it is a messy situation for her.) I love them both though, and I'd like to see them come together on this issue.