Demi Lovato

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spurrious wrote:

In the interest of fairness Dr. Luke has made some good points and has court record to back up his claim. That Rolling Stone published his side may be even more telling.

rollingstone.com/music/news/dr…music&utm_medium=referral
      I don't think Kesha's deposition should be taken as evidence either way. He's an incredibly powerful man and saying anything likely means her career is over.

But this is interesting..

"Did you ever tell your mother that you woke up in a hotel room in Gottwald's bed and you don't recall what happened that night?" the lawyer asked next.
      "I don't remember," Kesha said.

"I Don't Remember" is what people say in court when they don't want to answer.

And this picture certainly doesn't make it look good.
      inquisitr.com/2813332/dr-luke-…pic-from-twitter-account/

But I always say give it enough time, and things will come out. (Once again, Puff Daddy is another name we'll be hearing at some point about this type of conduct.) High profile men who sexually assault women do so more than once.

When Dr. Luke no longer controls the entire industry, we'll start to hear more about what's going on.

Great Things Come In Small Packages
    • I would never ever....ever.... want to try to defend a man ....any man who sexualy assultts women. However, on the other hand I choose not to speculate when there are only allegations. I have been around the block enough times to know there are two or more sides to every story ....and most often the truth is somewhere in between. The "her career is over if" thing seem overplayed here .... her career would be over at Sony...which is what she wants. All she has to do is provide credible proof of abuse as a reason why she should be released from her contract and she can sign with any label that would have her. So far the Judge in the case has not seen credible evidence of such behaviour....that's why the early motion was dismissed. Luke might be a scumbag ...maybe a disgusting sexual predator...I don't know....but Kesha/s lawyer is almost certainly a scumbag. TBH: I don't see a Saint anywhere in this matter...well...except for Tay.
    • Regardless of whether Dr. Luke is a sexual predator or not, this "her career is over" is not overplayed. Because in the entertainment industry, if you open your mouth about a powerful man, you get blacklisted.

Kesha's career is done, unless something really dramatic happens. Regardless of whether he did it or not, her career is over. Because she decided to come forth with this.

There is a reason, not one woman..not even Demi here, not even women who have been outspoken about their own sexual abuse history (Gaga, Mary Lambert) has commented about Dr. Luke. It's all been "sending all the love for Kesha."

And it's the same reason that no one came forward about Bill Cosby until he was in his 70s. The entertainment industry is filled with this. (and women are not the only victims here, children are particularly vulnerable)

Without speculating on this case, this "career is over" message..is not hyperbole in the slightest.

Great Things Come In Small Packages

The post was edited 1 time, last by mercfan3 ().

• The Demi/Taylor thing is really kind of silly. Everyone is on the same page here (supporting Kesha) but just getting pissy about the approach.

This whole Kesha/Dr. Luke battle is very interesting. Lots of twists and turns and not totally clear who is telling the truth. Still a long way to go in this mess.

This girl has a fascinating breakdown on her twitter feed. twitter.com/kelleylocke

Is Dr. Luke really still the powerful guy in the industry he was a couple years ago though? Seems like he's no longer behind all the hits like he was at one time. Though maybe thats due to this? :hmm:

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|

• TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • Demi apparently done with Confident, moving on to new single called Body Say.

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski

• TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
    • Haha yeah Im on a thread update tour. When IDF came back last time I kind of neglected all these threads I started.

I noticed that, Demi's in rare company there.

• Demi's album Confident Grammy nominated for Pop Vocal Album of The Year. :thumbup: