Adele

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For the more unknown, lower selling artists, I think streaming is a net positive. I've listened to a ton of arists over the past week who I never knew existed, let alone heard their music. Taylor and Adele are probably the only two in the world that can get away with pulling their music from streaming services. But I agree that they should be compensated fairly. Not a fan of the concept of a free adbased subscription. $9.99/ mo is not a lot of money for unlimited access to 30 million songs.
    • iTunes link - loading

Loading …

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • Not much of a departure from 21, I think for most she'll never top that album but thats perfectly ok. Very good overall with some great songs. Going to take more listens before I have a true feel and opinion but first time through I love it.

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • TeamAudra wrote:

I can only listen to previews. It says "purchased." I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow.
      I ended up canceling my preorder and buying it last night cause mine wouldn't download either.

• It finally downlaoded this morning.

I just left Target. There's a display loaded up with 25 right in front of the self checkout aisle. As I stood in line (probably 3 minutes), I watched 4 people stop dead in their tracks and grab one. These were all impulse decisions, because that clearly wasn't the main reason they were on the store.
    • kclarkson1323 wrote:

Not much of a departure from 21, I think for most she'll never top that album but thats perfectly ok. Very good overall with some great songs. Going to take more listens before I have a true feel and opinion but first time through I love it.
      I have to say I adore much of 25 but some of it is tragically over produced. If I were king the guys who produce an Adele song that hides her voice in any way would be dragged out on to the street and shot. Well maybe that is a LITTLE harsh but I want that VOICE not a producers bag of tricks.
    • Hits Daily Double now saying 25 could hit the 3 million in the first week. They've never seen anything like this in the modern era and have nothing to measure it against. :golly:

Hello through River Lea is just an incredible stretch of 7 songs.

• Spurrious wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

Not much of a departure from 21, I think for most she'll never top that album but thats perfectly ok. Very good overall with some great songs. Going to take more listens before I have a true feel and opinion but first time through I love it.
      I have to say I adore much of 25 but some of it is tragically over produced. If I were king the guys who produce an Adele song that hides her voice in any way would be dragged out on to the street and shot. Well maybe that is a LITTLE harsh but I want that VOICE not a producers bag of tricks.
      Yeah 19 and 21 were raw and untouched from start to finish while 25 brings a hint of modern Pop production to Adele's catalog. I don't think its anything egregious but than again being a Pop guy Im a little desensitized to that stuff. :lol

• kclarkson1323 wrote:

Yeah 19 and 21 were raw and untouched from start to finish while 25 brings a hint of modern Pop production to Adele's catalog. I don't think its anything egregious but than again being a Pop guy Im a little desensitized to that stuff.
      Some artists NEED production assets. Adele and a few others do not.

In the different strokes department...one man's not egregious is another man's sin worthy of a death sentence. :/
    • I agree I think Hello is still the best song on the album, just something about it is so epic. However 25 takes a few listens before the others start connecting.

WWWY and AIA are incredible being her classic raw, pure vocal tracks similar to her prior material. Then you have big time hit Pop single potential in Send My Love, I Miss You, Water Under The Bridge and River Lea.

• kclarkson1323 wrote:

Hits Daily Double now saying 25 could hit the 3 million in the first week. They've never seen anything like this in the modern era and have nothing to measure it against. :golly:

I remember that for a lot of years they were predicting that Usher's Confessions would be the last album to ever be a Diamond record. Then Adele's 21 happened..

Great Things Come In Small Packages

The post was edited 1 time, last by mercfan3 ().

• Adele's '25' Set to Break One-Week U.S. Album Sales Record; Sold Over 900K at iTunes First Day

By Keith Caulfield | November 21, 2015 1:30 PM EST

Adele
      Lauren Dukoff

After one day on sale, Adele's 25 appears set to break *NSYNC's long-standing one-week Nielsen-era U.S. album sales record of 2.42 million sold, according to industry forecasters. Sources say the set is on track to sell at least 2.5 million in pure album sales in its first week, and sold more than 900,000 copies alone through the iTunes Store on its first day of release.

*NSYNC currently owns the single largest sales week for an album since Nielsen Music began tracking point-of-sale music purchases in 1991. (Prior to 1991, there was no authoritative music sales tracking service in the U.S. and thus, it was mostly unknown how many copies of an album or song/single were sold in a single week.)
      *NSYNC's No Strings Attached debuted with 2,416,000 sold in the week ending March 26, 2000. No Strings Attached has since remained the only album to sell 2 million copies in the U.S. in a single week.

Nielsen Music's tracking week runs Friday through Thursday each week, so 25's first week will conclude on Nov. 26. Billboard is scheduled to report 25's debut week sales on Nov. 29, once Nielsen has finished processing its weekly data.
      Before 25's release, it was reported that the album shipped 3.6 million physical copies to retailers. In addition, sources were forecasting 25's CD configuration to sell 1.5 million in its first week, while its digital edition could move another 1 million (meaning, its first week might be at least 2.5 million in total).

Now perhaps the question is: How much bigger can 25 get? Will it blow past the 2.5 million threshold? Can it hit 3 million? And what will 25 sell in its second and third week? Could it become the first album to sell a million copies in more than one week?

If 25 sells as expected, it will become the 20th album to sell at least a million copies in a single week in the Nielsen era. It would also instantly be the largest selling album of 2015 in total, surpassing the sales of Taylor Swift's 1989, which has sold 1.74 million this year (through Nov. 12).

25 is also on course to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Dec. 12), which would give the diva her second No. 1. She first led the list with her last album, 21, which spent 24 nonconsecutive weeks atop the list -- most weeks at No. 1 for an album by a woman. 21 has sold 11.23 million copies in the U.S., and is the tenth-largest selling album of the Nielsen era.

~Billboard

• mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

Hits Daily Double now saying 25 could hit the 3 million in the first week. They've never seen anything like this in the modern era and have nothing to measure it against. :golly:

I remember that for a lot of years they were predicting that Usher's Confessions would be the last album to ever go platinum. Then Adele's 21 happened..
      Last to ever go platinum in the first week or all together?

• kclarkson1323 wrote:

mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

I remember that for a lot of years they were predicting that Usher's Confessions would be the last album to ever go platinum. Then Adele's 21 happened..
      Oops, I made a mistake.. I mean Diamond. I meant selling over 10,000,000 (whatever you call that..)
      I think Confessions went a very long time as being the last one to do so. Taylor Swift hasn't even done it. (although I think 1989 will) But 21 sold 30,000,000

And I do think Adele is the only person to do it since. But Diamond used to be somewhat achievable. Britney's got 4 Diamond records, for instance.

Great Things Come In Small Packages
    • mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

Oops, I made a mistake.. I mean Diamond. I meant selling over 10,000,000 (whatever you call that..)I think Confessions went a very long time as being the last one to do so. Taylor Swift hasn't even done it. (although I think 1989 will) But 21 sold 30,000,000

And I do think Adele is the only person to do it since. But Diamond used to be somewhat achievable. Britney's got 4 Diamond records, for instance.
      Ah ok yeah Diamond records are hard to come by, especially now. I think this may be the last time we see sales like this with things continuing to shift to streaming.