Dua Lipa - Singer/Songwriter

• Dua made a Facebook Live for The New York Times today, where she performed "Lost In Your Light", "New Rules" and "Be the One" and she made a Q&A too.

She mentioned that the music video of "New Rules" should be out in a couple of weeks after the stuff (re: editing) is done and she's planning to put out a special live version of "Want To", as well as the other things.

facebook.com/nytimes/videos/10151207259199999/

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • kclarkson1323 wrote:

Dua made a Facebook Live for The New York Times today, where she performed "Lost In Your Light", "New Rules" and "Be the One" and she made a Q&A too.

She mentioned that the music video of "New Rules" should be out in a couple of weeks after the stuff (re: editing) is done and she's planning to put out a special live version of "Want To", as well as the other things.

facebook.com/nytimes/videos/10151207259199999/
      Awesome , thanks for the heads up on this :thumbup:
    • IDGAF

Begging

No Goodbyes

New Rules

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • :popcorn:

Lyrics in Spoiler
      Display Spoiler
      One, one, one...

Talkin' in my sleep at night
      Makin' myself crazy
      (Out of my mind, out of my mind)
      Wrote it down and read it out
      Hopin' it would save me
      (Too many times, too many times)
      My love, he makes me feel like nobody else
      Nobody else
      But my love, he doesn't love me, so I tell myself
      I tell myself

One, don't pick up the phone
      You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone
      Two, don't let him in
      You'll have to kick him out again
      Three, don't be his friend
      You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
      And if you're under him, you ain't getting over him

I got new rules, I count 'em
      I gotta tell them to myself

I keep pushin' forwards, but he keeps pullin' me backwards
      (Nowhere to turn) no way
      (Nowhere to turn) no
      Now I'm standing back from it, I finally see the pattern
      (I never learn, I never learn)
      But my love, he doesn't love me, so I tell myself
      I tell myself
      I do, I do, I do

Two, don't let him in

Practice makes perfect
      I'm still tryna' learn it by heart
      (I got new rules, I count 'em)
      Eat, sleep, and breathe it
      Rehearse and repeat it, 'cause I
      (I got new, I got new, I...)

Two, don't let him in

(Oh, whoa-oh)
      (Baby, you know I count 'em)

Don't let him in, don't let him in
      Don't, don't, don't, don't
      Don't be his friend, don't be his friend
      Don't let him in, don't let him in
      Don't be his friend, don't be his friend
      You gettin' over him

The post was edited 1 time, last by abouttoexplode ().

• TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski
    • I don't understand how New Rules isn't an absolute smash here in the US already. It seems perfect for Pop radio.

Honestly all her stuff does. She has a whole album full of songs that seem like they would be huge pop hits.

• TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski
    • New

Ran into this article on NUMERO magazine Japan when reading some articles about BLACKPINK

Dua Lipa is recording a new song with Naughty Boy.

Dua revealed that she is busy with collaboration with Naughty now, and revealed to The Sun that there is a possibility that the new song may also be included in Naughty's new work. "Two people wrote songs for my album, There was Emily Warren who entered the studio together and composed" No Rai "" It seems like the songs I made together like Naughty liked it I might as well enter into his album.
      It is said that this song is a very "private" song for Dua, but Dua herself keeps talking about the subject matter tight. "I do not know how this song will be released in the future, but it is a very private song, it seems really close to me."
      Also, when Dua made his debut this year with his name as the title, he said that he learned a lot about himself from the recording. "I also learned how to work my way of working, then to open up my mind as much as possible," "It was really important that being honest by myself."
      In addition, about album production and live performances "I worked with a lot of talented composers and I saw how to work, I learned something indispensable for making songs, it is really a magical experience "" "I was able to show off songs live and go up to the stage every night, a strange power was on the side, that feeling was very real," he continued.

NOTE: Google translate was used for the above and may contain some mistakes in translation

Source NUMERO magazine Japan
      numero.jp/news-20171014-dua-lipa/