How Adele Lost Her Voice

• How Adele Lost Her Voice

Hi Folks, this is my first post on the forum. Nice to be here!

I have a very good friend who is making a documentary on musician's injuries, and she is including a large segment on singers in the film. These include not only carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis, but also injuries to the larger body parts like shoulders, necks and backs that people get while gigging or on the road. For singers, the injuries include the various forms of vocal dysfunction including dysphonia, polyps and nodes.

Is anybody here interested in this information? If you are, I'll post some links. As I'm sure you all know, these injuries can be career-ending. You all have heard that Adele recently had to cancel her concert tour because of vocal injury. You may not have heard that Julie Andrews had exactly the same problem, and that a botched surgery ruined her voice permanently a few years ago. These problems are a great secret in the industry.

Instrumentalists also get serious injury from playing and performing. For example, Keith Emmerson suffered from tendinitis and focal dystonia throughout his whole career. They severely limited his playing, threw him into a deep depression that lasted most of his life, and ultimately led him to commit suicide.

Most research shows that the vast majority of pros suffer from pain and injury related to their music making. So, preventing these things can save a career and a life. The film will present many such stories, along with some ways to recover.

Anyway if you are interested, let me know and I'll post more.

Thanks! :thumbsup: