Audra Mclaughlin Fan Page

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'd say it was TPTB. They have an idea every season who they want to go far and if anyone becomes a threat to that plan its game over for that person. Audra could've been a real contender with the right song choices but they weren't gonna let that happen IMO.

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • kclarkson1323 wrote:

I'd say it was TPTB. They have an idea every season who they want to go far and if anyone becomes a threat to that plan its game over for that person. Audra could've been a real contender with the right song choices but they weren't gonna let that happen IMO.

The weird thing is, I don't understand why TPTB let it get that far. Cut Audra early during a battle, don't give her an opportunity to be a problem. (She's a pretty country girl with a big voice on Team Blake, there was the potential for her to be a threat..TPTB knew that..) If they didn't want a certain type of contestant around..why let them be around? There are a few contestants that are like that..why bring Brooke and Mia as far as they did if they were just going to bus the two early?

Unless it was about Shakira more than anything..perhaps trying to make sure that Kristen was getting the country vote? And I can imagine them having to re-think Shakira's situation because I'm sure the thought process was that Tess was going to be her last member. (Only because Shakira was..not smart..in her decisions that season. Kristen-Deja - Clarissa...would have been a fantastic, marketable, and unique top 3..)

I could see Blake just not having that great of a strategy with her, and going with old standbys but if he's not going to put in the effort..why not just let her sing what she wants to sing..I just question TPTB bussing because her song choices were very Blake. (Unlike the song Brooke sang in the playoffs..) Like, Chris Jamison was clearly not being bussed by TPTB, but yet would get Adam'd every single week.

But I also don't understand how sometimes contestants get to pick their songs. Joshua Davis, for instance..was clearly getting bussed every single week, and would have left early if Adam had continued picking his songs, but Josh stopped that and picked his own. Why let him do that if they want to get rid of him? (After all, he was as big of a threat to Sawyer and Christina's contestants as Audra was to Kristen and Christina Grimmie)

It's just weird.

Great Things Come In Small Packages

The post was edited 1 time, last by mercfan3 ().

• Well, we know Blake picked Forgive, because he's the one with a personal connection to Rebecca Lynn Howard. Audra later stated she wasn't thrilled about the choice from the start. Blake has gone with a non-vote splitting strategy over the past few seasons. He seemed to favor Jake W. Ultimately, it could have been a strategy to try to ensure a Grimmie win. They probably didn't want Jake to win either. It kinda blew up in their faces in the end. Josh is good, but that couldnt possibly be what they were hoping for.
    • mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

I'd say it was TPTB. They have an idea every season who they want to go far and if anyone becomes a threat to that plan its game over for that person. Audra could've been a real contender with the right song choices but they weren't gonna let that happen IMO.
      The weird thing is, I don't understand why TPTB let it get that far. Cut Audra early during a battle, don't give her an opportunity to be a problem. (She's a pretty country girl with a big voice on Team Blake, there was the potential for her to be a threat..TPTB knew that..) If they didn't want a certain type of contestant around..why let them be around? There are a few contestants that are like that..why bring Brooke and Mia as far as they did if they were just going to bus the two early?

Unless it was about Shakira more than anything..perhaps trying to make sure that Kristen was getting the country vote? And I can imagine them having to re-think Shakira's situation because I'm sure the thought process was that Tess was going to be her last member. (Only because Shakira was..not smart..in her decisions that season. Kristen-Deja - Clarissa...would have been a fantastic, marketable, and unique top 3..)

I could see Blake just not having that great of a strategy with her, and going with old standbys but if he's not going to put in the effort..why not just let her sing what she wants to sing..I just question TPTB bussing because her song choices were very Blake. (Unlike the song Brooke sang in the playoffs..) Like, Chris Jamison was clearly not being bussed by TPTB, but yet would get Adam'd every single week.

But I also don't understand how sometimes contestants get to pick their songs. Joshua Davis, for instance..was clearly getting bussed every single week, and would have left early if Adam had continued picking his songs, but Josh stopped that and picked his own. Why let him do that if they want to get rid of him? (After all, he was as big of a threat to Sawyer and Christina's contestants as Audra was to Kristen and Christina Grimmie)

It's just weird.
      It is weird and complex, I don't know what goes into some of these decisions. I can't imagine Blake being one to force someone to sing something if they really didn't want to but maybe Im wrong on that. I'll never understand the plans of TPTB. :/

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • kclarkson1323 wrote:

Obviously I agree but to extend a little....Blake is not the one with the power or the motivation to drag out the process of getting songs cleared to sing. Audra gave them a list but was allowed to sing zero of them. That math points to TPTB...not Blake. To me she is at the top of the most bussed list....just in front of Brooke and Mia.....and both of the Hollys.

With a few good uptempo country songs to warm up the base and a killer version of something like Whole Lotta Love to add some breadth of support .... We might have an album of hers to listen to right now. Grrrrrrr!
    • kclarkson1323 wrote:

mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

It's just weird.
      It is weird and complex, I don't know what goes into some of these decisions. I can't imagine Blake being one to force someone to sing something if they really didn't want to but maybe Im wrong on that. I'll never understand the plans of TPTB. :/
      I really wish artists were a little more open to going the indie route. I know Nashville is a little different, but Audra has more fans than a majority of indie artists just from her exposure on the show. I'm sure an indie label would love to have her.

Do you become a superstar that way? Rare. Really rare. But you do get to release, perform, and make a living in music that way.

• mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

mercfan3 wrote:

kclarkson1323 wrote:

The weird thing is, I don't understand why TPTB let it get that far. Cut Audra early during a battle, don't give her an opportunity to be a problem. (She's a pretty country girl with a big voice on Team Blake, there was the potential for her to be a threat..TPTB knew that..) If they didn't want a certain type of contestant around..why let them be around? There are a few contestants that are like that..why bring Brooke and Mia as far as they did if they were just going to bus the two early?Unless it was about Shakira more than anything..perhaps trying to make sure that Kristen was getting the country vote? And I can imagine them having to re-think Shakira's situation because I'm sure the thought process was that Tess was going to be her last member. (Only because Shakira was..not smart..in her decisions that season. Kristen-Deja - Clarissa...would have been a fantastic, marketable, and unique top 3..)

It's just weird.
      I really wish artists were a little more open to going the indie route. I know Nashville is a little different, but Audra has more fans than a majority of indie artists just from her exposure on the show. I'm sure an indie label would love to have her.
      Do you become a superstar that way? Rare. Really rare. But you do get to release, perform, and make a living in music that way.
      I agree mercfan3. I know everyone wants to make it big but sometimes that's not in the cards and I think Audra would do great with an indie label. Would she be touring with big names and have her name everywhere, no. But she would be making music and touring which is the most important thing to her fans. We need new music from her. I don't care if it's indie or not. It's a great way to make a living and actually most of the time, indie labels let you have more freedom over the music you make more than major labels. Really wish she would just sign with a credible indie label.
    • Yeah they would be great if she'd go that route.

• TeamAudra wrote:

That one doesn't work for me. I don't know that the song fits her. She handled the power parts of the song beautifully, but was shaky in other areas. And here we go again with the oversell of the faux Southern accent.

I liked it, but Audra has a tendency to dip her voice inbetween words. It makes an interesting sound, but can be too much when she uses it too much. (And I think also makes the song sound more southern.)

• yes, it's probably the excessive dips that bugged me. I've also noticed that she has a more difficult time singing softer, lower verses. I even noticed that in the first couple verses of her cover of 'Fly.' And on the Voice, it showed in Angel Of The Morning and Forgive. Is this due to a lack of lower register? She's obviously very strong when she's belting, and the dips don't show up as often.