Season 9 Spoiler Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What 'The Voice' Is Learning From 'American Idol's' Missed Opportunities
      Though The Voice may never have received the same incredible
      ratings as American Idol, and it was certainly never the same kind of
      cultural phenomenon, when all is said and done, it may be the former that comes out
      on top in the musical reality show game.

forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/…ols-missed-opportunities/

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|
    • kclarkson1323 wrote:

What 'The Voice' Is Learning From 'American Idol's' Missed Opportunities
      Though The Voice may never have received the same incredible
      ratings as American Idol, and it was certainly never the same kind of
      cultural phenomenon, when all is said and done, it may be the former that comes out
      on top in the musical reality show game.

forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/…ols-missed-opportunities/
      That article basically amounts to... "Those guys at the Voice sure are smart. They're milking this thing for all its worth, producing shows on the cheap and packing in seasons so they can get the maximum ad revenue before they burn the concept out. Stupid Idol! Only one season per year? Amateurs." :|
    • Here is some interesting info on what the winner receives (this is known by most, but the article is further confirmation), in addition to the accommodations made for the families of contestants.

I'm going to quote a couple sections of the article, but you probably won't be able to access it in its entirety (they want you to subscribe), but some have claimed that it popped up after waiting for a while.

Also of note, but not quoted in this post, is the overwhelming demand for Sawyer's time, which they're clearly not equipped to handle (time for professional management), and that people are "constantly" showing up at the farm "every day" to try to communicate with Sawyer. Yikes...

The Leader Herald wrote:

.....The younger Fredericks appeared on "The Voice" on Feb. 23 to perform "I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow," and never looked back. By winning "The Voice," he receives $100,000 and a national recording contract. Sawyer also received a new Nissan Maxima, which he plans to give to his mother.

[...]

Kirsten said Sawyer signed a contract at the beginning of the show. One of the stipulations in the contract is that he can't release new material at this time, she said.

"Obviously, he is going to get a record contract with [winning the show]," she said.

At least on paper, the young teenage performer has already made some money. During the show, he was regularly in the Top 10 on iTunes, and Kirsten said her son will receive "some kind of percentage." But she said iTunes pays quarterly and she has "no idea" at this time how much Sawyer has earned. She said NBC also paid her son a stipend based on the number of shows he was on, but she's not sure of that total yet.

She said "The Voice" paid for lodging and travel for her and her son during the show's run, and she received a per diem for food. Expenses were also paid for two of the Fredericks' family's guests per week.

Kirsten said she will continue to homeschool Sawyer at the farm. When he was in Los Angeles, she said, he had to be continually schooled on the set, as required by California law.

"It's basically a study-hall situation," she said.

[...]
    • TeamAudra wrote:

Spurrious wrote:

TeamAudra wrote:

Since the Season 9 Blind Auditions haven't been filmed yet
      S9 blinds have been recorded ....S10 open audition start in in July.
      Does anyone know the dates? And...have the Battle Rounds been filmed as well?
      I don't think the blinds have been filmed yet. The open auditions have taken place but I believe the blind auditions don't take place until July.
    • jwhite0316 wrote:

TeamAudra wrote:

Spurrious wrote:

TeamAudra wrote:

Since the Season 9 Blind Auditions haven't been filmed yet
      S9 blinds have been recorded ....S10 open audition start in in July.
      Does anyone know the dates? And...have the Battle Rounds been filmed as well?
      I don't think the blinds have been filmed yet. The open auditions have taken place but I believe the blind auditions don't take place until July.
      That's what I thought too. I'm looking for confirmation, so I can edit the OP with the correct info.
    • The Forbes article kclarkson1323 posted in post #4

"In fact, even as fans wait for season nine to begin, season ten is already in its beginning stages. Auditions for the tenth staging of the American edition of the popular singing reality show are set to be held in New York City, Los Angeles, Detroit, and Oklahoma City throughout June".

Season 9 Spoiler Thread

Weren't the S8 Blinds filmed before S7 ended as well? I remember the convo about S8 peeps not knowing how bad Pharrell bombed in S7.
    • Spurrious wrote:

The Forbes article kclarkson1323 posted in post #4

"In fact, even as fans wait for season nine to begin, season ten is already in its beginning stages. Auditions for the tenth staging of the American edition of the popular singing reality show are set to be held in New York City, Los Angeles, Detroit, and Oklahoma City throughout June".

Season 9 Spoiler Thread
      I think the author meant the open call auditions have taken place already, not the blind auditions. For the past 2 years (maybe 3) the fall season's blind auditions have taken place in July, two months before they were aired in September. The article right after that starts talking about how the auditions for season 10 will take place soon in New York, LA, Detroit, and Oklahoma City. The article never said blind auditions but just auditions have taken place (most likely the open call auditions).
    • Spurrious wrote:

Weren't the S8 Blinds filmed before S7 ended as well? I remember the convo about S8 peeps not knowing how bad Pharrell bombed in S7.
      The fall and spring schedules are different. The Blinds for the fall schedule take place 2 months before the air date in July, which is after the previous season's finale. But for the spring season, the blinds are filmed in either October or November (3-4 months before the February air date), which is before the live shows take place for the previous season. :)
    • Hollywood Life wrote:

We have seen some really great music stars join Adam Levine, 36, and Blake Shelton, 38, as judges for The Voice. From Christina Aguilera, 34, to Cee-Lo Green, 40, to Shakira, 38, each has brought their expertise and wisdom to the competition. But, to make the next season the best ever, HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that The Voice has hit the “I WANT YOU’ button on Justin Bieber, 21!
      This better be a joke ...
    • sw5110 wrote:

Hollywood Life wrote:

We have seen some really great music stars join Adam Levine, 36, and Blake Shelton, 38, as judges for The Voice. From Christina Aguilera, 34, to Cee-Lo Green, 40, to Shakira, 38, each has brought their expertise and wisdom to the competition. But, to make the next season the best ever, HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that The Voice has hit the “I WANT YOU’ button on Justin Bieber, 21!
      This better be a joke ...
      I will stop watching...Anybody that would pick him as their coach would be an absolute idiot.
    • Im certain that is false

TV1: Javier Colon| TV2: Juliet Simms| TV3: Cassadee Pope| TV4: Danielle Bradbery| TV5: Jacquie Lee| TV6: Christina Grimmie| TV7: Reagan James| TV8: Meghan Linsey| TV9: Emily Ann Roberts| TV10: Alisan Porter| TV11: Wé McDonald| TV12: Lauren Duski| TV13: Chloe Kohanski
      AI1: Kelly Clarkson| AI2: Kim Caldwell| AI3: Diana DeGarmo| AI4: Carrie Underwood| AI5: Chris Daughtry| AI6: Jordin Sparks| AI7: David Cook| AI8: Allison Iraheta| AI9: Siobhan Magnus| AI10: Haley Reinhart| AI11: Jessica Sanchez| AI12: Angie Miller| AI13: Jena Irene| AI14: Jax| AI15: Sonika Vaid|